Pre-Kindergarten for 3 and 4 year old
Registration for 2020-2021 school year
is from January 1 - 31, 2020.
Eligibility for District-supported Pre-K
This free Austin ISD Pre-K program serves children who turn 3 (Pre-K3) or 4 (Pre-K4) by Sept. 1 of the current school year AND:
- have limited English proficiency, or
- qualify for free and reduced-cost lunch, or
- a child of active military parent, or
- a child of a parent who was injured or killed during active military duty, or
- who have been in the care of the Department of Family and Protective Services, or
- who are homeless or
- are the child of a person who received the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, a firefighter or an emergency medical first responder.
Families should apply and register students at their neighborhood school or Pre-K of choice.
New students can be registered for the current school year at any time.
To enroll your student in the current school year, visit our online registration page.
To access the online registration system, an account must be created in the Parent Cloud, at my.austinisd.org. This applies to all new and returning students.
Families must go to the campus of their choice to complete the registration process. The following documents are required for registration:
- Current paycheck stub or SNAP eligibility documentation.
- Proof of residence, gas or electric bill, or lease agreement.
- Child’s official birth certificate or equivalent.
- Up-to-date immunization record.
- Parent/guardian photo ID.
- Child’s social security card, if the child has one.
Toni Calvo at 512-414-2390
or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-414-PreK.
More info here.
Additional information regarding local service and programs that assit homeless students is available HERE
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Social Security Card (optional)
- Child’s immunization records
- Child’s withdrawal form/last report card (if applicable)
- Parent’s Photo ID
- Proof of guardianship (if applicable)
- Proof of residency
*All students new to AISD must submit proof of residency to their campus for the 2019-2020 school year.
Please note that additional documentation may be requested by campus in order to complete enrollment.*
If you have any questions about the process, please contact Diana Perez at 512-414-9684 or email@example.com